Sunday, December 11, 2011

Studio Visit - Mary Beth Reed

I met with Mary Beth Reed to discuss the tower of computer video structure I had in the case, and the interactive fish piece.

The videos were sketches for the video pieces i had hoped to show in conjunction with the interactive fish piece. These videos are abstract footage of natural riverside scenes. I was hoping to have her talk about suggestions for the visual treatment for the fish piece.

I ended up just going over all my work, and introducing her to my trajectory.

Her feedback was interesting coming from a cinema perspective... the narrative, the arc of the work was missing... considering the reading, how a viewer/participant moved into the work, was moved through the work, and came out the other end experiencing something- was an element that I could examine much more.

No comments:

Post a Comment